Bespoke aluminium street furniture for the City of Rockingham.
A.D. Coote collaborated with Place Laboratory to bring their bespoke aluminium street furniture to life, revitalising the Rockingham Foreshore. We meticulously subjected each piece to a thorough 3D drafting and prototyping process, ensuring precision and perfection. The project encompassed a diverse range of 91 installed pieces and 8 distinct types of street furniture.
Completed in August 2019, the Rockingham Foreshore Revitalisation stands as an iconic destination in Rockingham. Its exceptional transformation has garnered widespread recognition, earning the project a collection of prestigious awards, including:
- Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia (IPWEA) WA Best Public Works Project greater than $5m (metro area)
- IPWEA WA G.K Watters Local Government Engineering Excellence Award
- Parks and Leisure Australia (PLA) WA Community Facility of The Year
- PLA WA Commendation – Healthy Active by Design
- PLA Community Facility of The Year (National)
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA) WA Award for Excellence – urban renewal
- Australian Institute of Landscape
- Architects (AILA) WA Landscape
- Architecture Award of Excellence – tourism
- AILA WA Landscape Architecture of Excellence – parks and open space